There is lot of buzz in SEO community regarding guest post blogging for SEO or link building. In recent blog post Matt Cutts clearly say NO to guest blog posting with the sole purpose of getting links to improve search engine ranking. Latter on Matt cutts updated the post to advocate in favour of ture guest posts by experts He wrote
here are still many good reasons to do some guest blogging (exposure, branding, increased reach, community, etc.). Those reasons existed way before Google and they’ll continue into the future. And there are absolutely some fantastic, high-quality guest bloggers out there.
- Branding of your company name, product or services
- Building your or your company credibility in specific nice
- Increase visitors or relevant traffic to your website
- Just to get exposure to new audiences
- Community building
- To enhance your authorship i.e Google Plus
Therefore it is better for bloggers to write and focus on actual, good, helpful content for users.