Link Pruning can be defined as process of audit of link profile, identifying low quality, unnatural or non-organic links and steps to remove such links. In simple it is just removal of bad links from your website link profile. To some extent it also include the change of anchor text of good links.
Link Pruning service has emerged very fast after the Google penguin update which happen on 24th April 2012 and hit search engine ranking of many of small and medium websites which were heavily optimized (SEO) for money keywords or same anchor text and with poor quality, purchased or shady links.
Link Pruning process can be divided into follow
- Manual audit of website link profile
- Identify the unnatural, non-organic, or purchased or poor quality links in your back link profile.
- Finding the contact of such site owners where links exists
- Contacting them for removal of poor quality links.
- If it is good links to request for change of anchor text to brand or URL
We don’t consider process of filling of removal report along with the re-inclusion request with the search engines as part of Link Pruning.
Link removal is the need of time and most of the process is manual and costly.
Leave a Reply